Mining software is not the most widely discussed, but at the same time, integral part of the cryptocurrency mining process. What are the programs for mining and what criteria should be guided to make the right choice? Just talk about it.
In recent years, the topic of cryptocurrency is becoming increasingly popular. If earlier on Bitcoins and Altcoins were spoken only in narrow circles, today they have become known to the general public. More and more people, far from programming and trading, decide to save up cryptocurrency in the hope of one day a big hit.
Those who can not or do not want to buy a cryptocurrency for ordinary money, choose an alternative way – to mine coins on a computer or a special farm.
Mining really gives the opportunity to produce cryptovaggling, but successful mining is possible only if three conditions are met:
- to acquire the proper equipment;
- to establish the proper program for landing;
- understand what to do with all this.
We already wrote about how to start mining on video cards and where to buy equipment for mining, so now let’s talk about existing cryptocurrency mining programs.
What are programs for landing?
Mortgage programs are software designed specifically for the production of cryptographic products.
As you know, the essence of mining is to carry out mathematical calculations to discover new blocks of the distribution platform (for example, Bitcoin or Ethereum).
Simply put, you provide your computing power to the system and get paid in the form of coins. For a computer to quickly solve the necessary tasks, you need (a) good computational power and (b) high-precision computational algorithms.
The required power will be given by the processor, video card, asik or farm as a whole, but to perform the calculations, special mining programs are needed. If the equipment is just hardware (hard), then the software is software that allows you to use the power of iron.
If you have already installed a powerful processor or video card on your computer, connected an asik, or even use a whole farm, the following actions should look like this:
· To create a cryptocell, which will be dripped with coins mined.
· Download and install the program for the property (download the software on the GitHub website or another similar resource).
· Exhibit Mint settings: extracted coins (if the program is suitable for extraction of different crypto currencies), the equipment used (select from the list or enter manually at the command line) and the current build power (some programs allow you to set the variable power).
· Launch the cryptographic production process.
What functions do the programs for landing
As we have already understood, their main function is to perform calculations. However, with the discovery of new blocks, mining naturally becomes more complicated, so new requirements for equipment and programs for mining appear.
Not surprisingly, developers are trying to improve their software due to additional features. Among them are:
· "Overclocking" the video card (increasing the speed of its work for more efficient naming);
· adjustment of the used capacities;
· monitoring the state of the equipment;
· adjustment of heating of video card or processor;
· Switch between equipment.
But, most importantly, it is the mining programs that make it possible to maximize the power of the equipment. Therefore, the efficiency of the processor or video card depends on the correct choice of the program.
For example, you bought a cool video card from NVidia, which accelerates to 80 MH / s, but you have installed a simple program that can perform calculations at a peak power of 40 MH / s. That is, you do not use half of the potential power at all, therefore, you earn less on the mining than the equipment allows. And all this – only because of the wrong choice of the program.
How to choose a program for landing
First of all, you need to determine what kind of cryptography you are going to extract.
The fact is that in the mining of different coins different algorithms are laid. For example, Bitcoin works on the Blockchain base, an iota is based on the Tangle distributed registry, and in Monero, the CryptoNight algorithm is used. Therefore, for the production of a particular cryptocurrency are suitable different programs, sharpened by the appropriate algorithms.
Next, you need to evaluate the power of equipment for the estate and select a program that will fit the iron used.
If your processor cannot deliver more than 20 MH / s power, what’s the point of putting a “heavy” program, designed to work with powers of 50 MH / s? So you can not only overheat the iron, but also disable the computer altogether. But to take the simplest software, sharpened for weak equipment, is also not necessary – it is inappropriate to use the available capacity.
The third important point is the type of mining.
For mining on video cards, processors and asiki, as a rule, different programs are used. There are also universal programs, but most of them are produced separately for the GPU, CPU, or ASIC mining.
In addition to these basic criteria, you need to pay attention to other important parameters of mining programs:
- the possibility of mining different cryptocurrencies (some programs are sharpened for a specific cryptocurrency, others allow mining different coins);
- Convenience of the interface (intuitive graphical, which is suitable even for beginners, or console, where skills of working with scripts are needed);
- the presence of additional functions (heating control, the ability to work in the background, automatic selection of computational algorithms, etc.)
If you are just familiar with the cryptocurrency mining, choose a program with a graphical interface. It is easiest for newcomers to work with it to enter information into specially selected fields, and the mining itself is started by simply pressing a button.
Console programs provide more options for fine tuning mining, but all the commands have to manually register in the system file with the extension .bat. And for this you need to learn all the basic scripts and additional commands.
Popular programs for mining cryptocurrency
For greater clarity, we consider the most popular programs for mining cryptocurrency, which have already proven their performance and got their own online communities.
The last point is important in that detailed instructions on how to properly install and configure such programs can be found on thematic forums or sites devoted to a particular program.
· CG Miner is one of the most popular Bitcoin mining programs, suitable for mining on a processor or asika. Its main advantage is high stability and efficient work in the background. In other words, you do not need to constantly monitor the work of the program - you have started calculations and can do your own business. In addition, it is one of the few programs that comes with a text file with instructions for the user. However, it may seem very difficult for beginners. This is an option for experienced users who are used to working with scripts.
- GUI Miner is a simple but functional program for CPU mining of Bitcoin. In fact, it is almost an exact copy of CG Miner, but “wrapped” in a graphical shell and, which is very convenient, translated into Russian. It is much more convenient to work in it, but experienced miners prefer the familiar and more reliable CG Miner. But for beginners it is better to first get a hand on the GUI Miner, and then, if necessary, switch to the CG Miner.
- Nheqminer is a complex console program that allows you to mine the cache using a video card or processor. However, with CPU mining, the processor load level can reach 100%, which is why equipment often breaks down and fails. The developers still have not managed to solve this problem, so it is better to use a program for mining on a video card. But note that there is no official instruction to the program, and all commands must be entered via the console. So this option is only suitable for experienced users who know how to work with scripts and are looking for a good program for mining Zet Cache.
· Miner Gate is a universal and very easy-to-use mining program for 14 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, ZET Cache, Monero, Desh, and Baytcoin. It features a convenient graphical panel and a built-in virtual currency converter. And with a smart mode in which the system chooses which cryptocurrency is more profitable to mine right now. The program makes its choice, based on the capacity used and the current rate of cryptocurrency.
· Claymore’s Dual Miner is a unique program for the simultaneous mining of etherium and one of four cryptocurrencies to choose from (Pascal, Decred, Lbry or Siacoin). Updated versions of the program are also suitable for mining monero, Komodo, ZET cache, and baytkoina. Suitable for use with powerful NVidia and AMD graphics cards. It makes it possible to effectively overclock the video card and control the heating level of the equipment.
· Ufasoft Miner is a very simple program for CPU mining of Bitcoin, Bitfors, Solidcoin and Tenebricks. Of the benefits: a user-friendly graphical interface, adjustable CPU temperature and small system requirements. But the last point is associated with a significant drawback of the program - it is not suitable for powerful equipment, which means that the mining results will be very modest. However, this is an ideal option for beginners who want to understand the process of cryptocurrency mining.
· Diablo Miner is an advanced GPU software and Bitcoin CPU mining. The great advantage of the program is in synchronization with the most powerful equipment (for example, newer Nvidia 8 and AMD 79 video cards), which directly affects the mining performance. However, given the complex console interface and the absence of any graphical components in it, the program is only suitable for advanced users.
· Nice Hash Miner is a universal program that allows mining coins through a processor or through a video card. The main advantage is the automatic selection of the optimal algorithm for the extraction of coins on the existing equipment. The program is suitable for mining various cryptocurrencies, but all mined coins immediately translate into bitcoins. Last, by the way, not everyone likes it, because automatic conversion does not allow saving other cryptocurrencies and making money on changes in their exchange rates.
· Awesome Miner is a functional program for professional miners working with several remote computers. Due to the built-in algorithm, the program monitors the most profitable mining currencies and can automatically switch the extracted currency. For example, if the current build is best suited for mining ethirium, the program will send a command to remote computers to mine ETH. If you upgrade your farm and it becomes more profitable to mine the lightcoin, Awesome Miner will start to mine it. Another advantage of the program is automatic monitoring of the current load and temperature of the equipment. Add to this user-friendly graphical interface and efficient work in phonon mode, and understand why all advanced miners dream of Awesome Miner. The only drawback - unlike other programs, this utility is paid. The basic version will cost $ 30, and for the most sophisticated will have to pay about $ 800.
We have listed only the most popular programs for mining, but now their number is in the hundreds.
When choosing a program, remember that its role in the extraction of cryptocurrency is no less important than the role of equipment.
Without a special software, even the most powerful processor or video card is just hardware, which, of course, affects the functionality of the computer, but does not provide any opportunities for earning on mining. Thus, mining programs are an important tool for monetizing equipment.
There is another important point – the software also affects the level of profitability of mining. As practice shows, when using different programs, the efficiency of the work of the same equipment varies within 10–20%. That is, a correctly selected and tuned program allows you to squeeze the maximum of the installed power from the equipment.